12 Reasons to live in Glencoe
In 2007 Money Magazine rated Glencoe as one of the best places to live in the US! Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Glencoe, about 18 miles from Chicago provides quick and easy access via Metra trains to the City and other locations.
2. Outstanding award winning schools—South Elementary K-2, West Elementary 3-4, Central 5-8
3. All Glencoe public school students attend the world famous New Trier High School, www.newtrier.k12.il.us.
4. Over 20 beautiful parks
5. Great boutique shopping in a very attractive suburban downtown area
6. The Watts Ice Center which fosters skating at all levels, hockey, as well as social and family ice skating.
7. The world famous Chicago Botanic Gardens is home to Glencoe. It sponsors many activities and learning opportunities. It is the epitome of nature’s beauty in all its glory. It is a must for everyone.
8. The fabulous beach to include sailing and boating.
9. Attractive and diverse housing styles with a combination of newer and older homes.
10. Diverse population of 8,000+ residents
11. Glencoe Beach is a great place to enjoy summer days. The concession stand here offers chairs and umbrella rentals, as well as kayaks and sailboat rentals. There is also a shower facility in the beach house.
12. The beach scene from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off was shot at Glencoe Beach