10 Reasons to Live in Wilmette
1. You will know Wilmette by its beautiful tree lined streets, stunning lakefront and its green street lanterns.
2. Wilmette is only 14 miles from Chicago. It is easily accessed via the Metra train and also by motor vehicles.
3. You will enjoy two great beaches, Gillison at Lake Avenue and Langdon at Chestnut and Sheridan.
4. In the summer, buy your fresh fruits and vegetables at the French Market in downtown Wilmette.
5. Enjoy the picturesque Wilmette Harbor which moors 300 boats.
6. Wilmette is home to many cultural events to include theatre, music and the like.
7. Bahai House of worship or also known as the Bahai Temple. This is truly a Wilmette landmark.
8. The many sports facilities to include: Centennial Ice Rinks, Centennial Family Aquatic Center, Wilmette Tennis Club and the Quilmette Golf Club.
9. Beautiful well kept homes on brick streets
10. Award winning schools
We love the brick-lined streets of the Cage area with the charming streetlights and historical mansions in Wilmette. It is reminiscent of the by-gone years. Some of these historical mansions were built by Daniel Burnham, Walter Burley, George Maher and Frank Lloyd Wright. It is a warm and friendly area oozing with charm and wonderful families.